Terms and conditions
- Reading, Agreeing and Keeping a Copy. These terms are legally binding.
These terms and conditions (Terms) govern your access and use of our website (Website) and the Services (defined below).
Read & Agree. By signing up for Services you acknowledge that you have read and you agree to these Terms, which are a legally binding contract between you and us. You can review these Terms at any time by clicking the “Terms” link at the bottom of the page.
No changes to other agreements. Unless expressly provided otherwise herein, these Terms do not replace any other agreement you may have with us (now or in the future), including any consent or preference regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. All of the terms of your other agreements with us continue to apply.
Please see the definitions section at the end of these Terms for any capitalized words not otherwise defined. These Terms take effect on the date that you first sign up to the Service.
- Services. What is the Service and how does it work?
Under these Terms, the Services means the features, functionality, content and information provided by us via the Website and include any services that may be provided by Third Party Service Providers.
The Services currently available on the Website include:
- Needs notification and fulfillment service – Troop discovers Needs and will send you a text and/or email notification weekly to let you know what the needs are for that week. You can choose to fulfill these needs (which can vary weekly) by clicking on the link and purchasing the product, which will be delivered by Troop or a Third Party Service Provider to the recipient, contributing funds through an online payment processor or registering for a used goods pick up.
- By fulfilling any of the Needs listed above, you also agree to sign up to the Troop service.
- Troop Plans: signing up for a Troop plan means we will allocate 25% of of your monthly contribution to the weekly need
The Services are currently available in English only, despite any language settings on your Device.
The Services and the Website may not be accessible at all times. In addition, functionality, features content or information may change, and may not always be available.
- Costs, Fees and Related Charges. What do I have to pay?
Troop will charge a 5% fee on all Troop Plan contributions. This fee covers the cost of payment processing (2.9% + $0.30 per transaction) and the service of finding and fulfilling the local needs.
You are responsible for all costs, fees, data plans and related charges associated with your use of Device(s), and they are not reimbursable by us.
- Communication. How will we contact each other?
You can contact us at hello@HiTroop.com. We will contact you and provide notice using the information you provide through the Website. Email is the primary method of communication used to connect with our clients. The email address you provide will be used for all electronic correspondence, including notifications. It is your responsibility to keep your email address up to date. You understand that if you do not keep your email address current, we may not be able to contact you.
- Notice, Changes and Termination. How will we tell you about any changes and how can you or we end these Terms?
Notice– Any notice may be given to you through the Website or pursuant to the “Communication” section of these Terms.
Changes – We can change (add, remove or alter) any part or feature of the Services, without giving you notice. Following any change, these Terms will continue to apply to all parts of the Services. Subject to legal and regulatory requirements, we can also change these Terms by giving you notice of the changes, before or after the changes take effect. If you use the Website or access the Services after a change to these Terms, or after we have notified you of a change, you are deemed to have reviewed and accepted the new version of these Terms.
Termination by us – Without prior notice and for any reason, we can (i) suspend or terminate your use of the Website and access to the Services, and (ii) terminate part or all of these Terms. We will not be responsible for any loss or inconvenience that may result in such suspension or termination.
Termination by you – To terminate your use of the Website and access to the Services and these Terms, you can contact us at the contact information provided in the “Communication” section of these Terms.
- Security.The security of your information depends a lot on you.
You will be required to provide your email address and/or mobile phone number to access the Services. You authorize us to accept and you agree to be responsible for any instruction given by you or purported to be given by you using the Website. Any instruction will have the same legal effect as if it was a written instruction and signed by you.
When using the Website and accessing the Services, you agree that you will take all steps necessary to ensure that you do not reveal any confidential information to anyone other than us. This includes making sure that other people cannot see your Device screen.
You must also:
- Use reasonable steps and precautions to protect your Device against loss or theft;
- Use reasonable security measures which include up-to-date virus scanning software and a firewall system, if such security measures are available for your Device; and
- Comply with any additional security requirements that we may require in connection with the Services.
- Third Party Service Providers. Other entities help us provide the Services.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to provide or to assist us in providing the Services, and other than our subsidiaries and affiliates, we are not affiliated or associated with any Third Party Service Provider.
When using the Website and accessing the Services,
- You may use Third Party Service Provider Services solely for your own personal use;
- You may not sell, distribute or otherwise use Third Party Service Provider Services or other information from the Website or the Services, and you may not permit such distribution or use by anyone else; and
- You may not provide or make available any Third Party Service Provider Services to any provider of products or services similar to those products and services provided by the Third Party Service Providers.
Third Party Service Providers retain all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights, in Third Party Service Provider Services and their trademarks and logos that appear on the Website and in the Services. Nothing in these Terms, the Website or the Services should be interpreted as conferring any right for you (i) to use Third Party Service Provider Services in any way other than as expressly permitted in these Terms, or (ii) to use any Third Party Service Provider trademarks or logos.
You agree that we and Third Party Service Providers may use information and content you provide through the Website and the Services to create use and distribute statistical, profiling, performance or operational reports about the Website and the Services. These reports may be shared with third parties, in which case, the information in the reports will not be attributable to you.
- Privacy.This is how we’ll use information that you give us
You authorize us to collect, use and disclose your information in order to provide you with the Services.
Collecting your personal information
We will collect information from and about you such as:
- information establishing your identity (for example, address, postal code or zip code, email address, phone number);
- information you provide while using the Services;
- information we obtain from Third Party Service Providers in the course of providing you with Services; and
- information from service arrangements you make with or through us.
Using your personal information
This information may be used from time to time for the following purposes:
- to open and operate your account(s) and profile on our Website and provide you with products and services you may request;
- to determine your eligibility for products and services we offer;
- to help us better understand the current and future needs of our clients;
- to communicate to you any benefit, feature and other information about our products and services;
- to help us better manage our business and your relationship with us; and
- as required or permitted by law.
For these purposes, we may make this information available to our employees, our agents and service providers, who are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information. In the event our service provider is located outside of Canada, the service provider is bound by, and the information may be disclosed in accordance with, the laws of the jurisdiction in which the service provider is located.
Your right to access your personal information
We may communicate with you through various channels, including telephone, computer or mail, using the contact information you have provided.
You may obtain access to the personal information we hold about you at any time and review its content and accuracy, and have it amended as appropriate; however, access may be restricted as permitted or required by law. To request access to such information or to ask questions about our privacy policies you may do so now or at any time in the future by contacting us at hello@HiTroop.com
Our privacy policies
You may obtain more information about our privacy policies by visiting https://hitroop.com/privacy/
- Compliance & Prohibitions.Appropriate use of the Website.
Your use of the Website and access to the Services must comply with these Terms and all applicable laws.
When using the Website and accessing the Services, you will not:
- Provide untrue, inaccurate or incomplete information; Use the Website or access the Services for any illegal, fraudulent, malicious or defamatory activity or purpose;
- Use any robot, spider or other indexing device when using the Website or accessing the Services;
- Use any part of the Services to provide internet, service bureau, outsourcing or third-party services or redistribute all or any part of the Services;
- Take steps or actions that could or do undermine the security, integrity, effectiveness, goodwill or connectivity of the Website or the Services (including illegal, fraudulent, malicious, defamatory or other activities that threaten to harm or cause harm to any other person); or
- Reverse engineer or reverse compile the source code for the Website or any of the service technology.
- Ownership.You can use it, but you can’t keep it.
We grant you a non-exclusive and non-transferable single-user (non-concurrent) license to use the Website, in accordance with these Terms. At any time, and at our sole discretion, we may restrict or terminate your ability to access the Website, and with notice to you, we may end the terms relating to the Website. If these Terms are terminated, you will destroy or return all copies of the Website or of any documentation for it then in your possession. The grant of this license may not be assigned by you unless agreed upon in writing by us.
We retain at all times all ownership rights, including without limitation, copyright, in the Website. You agree not to copy, reproduce, transfer copies or reverse engineer the Website and not to disclose or distribute the Website to third parties. We have no obligation to provide any training, maintenance, or other assistance for the Website. We are the owner of all intellectual property rights subsisting on each screen made available through our Website. Unless otherwise indicated, trademarks and logos, and all works, including texts, images, illustrations, software, HTML codes, audio clips and videos appearing on the Services are our property and without our express written permission, may not be reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, transmitted, distributed or modified, in whole or in part, in any form whatsoever, except for personal and non-commercial use, including viewing, printing or archiving of electronic copies of your Website activities, in accordance with these Terms and as we may further instruct you. Nothing in these Terms or on our Website is to be interpreted as conferring a right to use our works, trademarks or logos in any other way.
- No Representations or Warranties.You get what you get.
We are providing you with the Website and the Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis and do not make any representations or provide any warranties concerning them. Without limiting the foregoing, we expressly disclaim all warranties, with respect to the Website and/or the Services. You are solely responsible for taking appropriate precautions relating to the use and safety of your Device and we are not responsible for any damage caused to you or your Device as a result of your use of the Website or access to the Services. We are not responsible for any breach of contract between you and any third party.
- Liabilities and Indemnities.Read this carefully—it limits your right to sue.
You are solely responsible for all information or content that you give us through the Website, the Services.
We will not be responsible for any loss, harm, injury, damage, delay or inconvenience suffered or incurred by you with respect to: (i) these Terms, the Website, the Services, or (ii) any instruction given to, by or purported to be given by you, in connection with the Services.
In no event, even if we are negligent, will we be liable for any losses or damages caused by or in any way related to the Website, the Services. Such losses or damages include without limitation (i) direct, incidental, indirect, consequential, special, aggravated, punitive or exemplary damages, (ii) loss of data, profits, information, opportunity, revenues and goodwill, and (iii) any other business interruption, commercial or economic losses. Such limitation of liability applies regardless of the cause of action, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
In addition, in no event, even if we are negligent, will we be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you that is caused by:
- The actions of, or any failure to act by a Third Party Service Provider;
- Mistakes, errors, omissions, inaccuracies or other inadequacies of, or contained in the Services or any data given by you to us or any Third Party Service Provider, including your failure to update;
- Any delay, error, interruption or failure by us or any Third Party Service Provider to perform or fulfill any of our obligations to you due to any cause beyond our control, any system malfunctions or any technical failures;
- Unsecured communication being inaccurate, intercepted, reviewed or altered by others, or not received by you. Your access to the Services, including, without limitation, any delay or inability to access the Services;
- Your failure to receive or view any communication that has been presented to you, and we will not be responsible for any delay, damage or inconvenience that such failure may cause; or
- Your failure to fulfill any of your obligations under these Terms, including those in the “Security” section of these Terms, or to comply with any instructions we may provide to you from time to time in connection with the Website and the Services.
Except with respect to claims, costs and liabilities arising because of our negligence, you will release and indemnify us and any other person for any claim, cost and liability incurred as a result of (i) your use of the Website or access to the Services , or (ii) your breach of these Terms.
- On-Screen Terms.Terms shown on-screen form part of these Terms.
There may be terms, conditions, instructions or disclaimers related to the Services or Offers displayed on the screens in the Website, or when you click on icons or links on the Website screens. You must access those terms, conditions, instructions or disclaimers and by using or accessing a Service or Offer you agree that the terms, conditions, instructions or disclaimers apply to your use of or access to the applicable Services or Offers in addition to the terms and conditions of any other applicable agreements.
- Records.Electronic records = paper records.
Our records, including electronic records, including those of any Third Party Service Providers (whether used by them or us), regarding the Website or the Services, including the retrieval, consolidation, organization and presentment or information, are final and conclusive. These records will be admissible in any legal, administrative or other proceedings. Furthermore, electronic data and records will be admissible as conclusive evidence of the contents of those records in the same manner as original paper documents. You waive any right to object to the introduction of any such electronic data or records into evidence.
- Electronic Agreement.Clicking = signing with a pen on paper.
These Terms and any related terms, conditions, instructions, disclaimers or documents may be accepted in electronic form and your acceptance is binding between you and us. Neither you nor we will contest the validity or enforceability of these Terms and any related documents because they were accepted or signed in electronic form.
- Assignment & Severability. Contract law stuff.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms. Our failure to enforce strict performance of any provisions of these Terms does not mean we have waived any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between you and us, nor trade practice modifies any provision of these Terms. We may assign or transfer these Terms on notice to you. You may not assign or transfer these Terms or any of its obligations or rights hereunder to any other person.
- Language.We will talk to each other in English.
You and we have expressly requested that these Terms and all related documents, including notices, be drawn up in the English language. Vous et nous avons expressément demandé que cette entente et tout document y afférent, y compris tout avis, soient rédigés en langue anglaise. (Quebec only / Québec seulement).
- Governing Law.What law applies?
These Terms are entered into and governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You and we agree that the Ontario courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over each of us for the determination of any matters arising out of these Terms.
- Defined Terms.What does everything mean?
Device means any mobile device, computer or other device you use to access the Website and the Services.
Offers means any of our offers, rate discounts or promotions or any offers, rate discounts or promotions of a third party.
Needs means products or services that are required from a charity, not-for-profit or third party that have been communicated to to Troop
Services means the Services as defined by the “Services” section of these Terms.
Terms means these terms and conditions.
Third Party Service Provider means a party retained by us to act on our behalf to provide, or to assist us in providing, the Website and the Services.
Third Party Service Provider Services means content and information contained in the Services provided by any Third Party Service Provider.
Troop means Riipe Inc. dba Troop
Troop Plans means a monthly subscription service where 25% of your monthly contribution is allocated to need each week
you and your mean the person who uses a Device to access the Services through the Website.
we, us and our means Riipe Inc. dba Troop.